Saturday, October 8, 2011

I can't run so what's up with calling this 'Running Good'?

Running Good is a poker term which means you're winning basically. You may not necessarily be playing your best but you are experiencing some sweet combo of playing ok and getting very lucky at the same time, or playing great and getting around the bad luck; either of which combo results in a win or series of wins.

I basically feel that way about my life. Been running pretty good. Sure there have been some challenges; maybe I have had something to do with those by my choices or actions that I've made or maybe I've had some bad luck along the way, but I'm winning (not Charlie Sheen winning, but winning life kind of winning).

I like to ask a lot of questions about a lot of dumb shit but also about the important issues. I'm ok with flaunting my ignorance about lots of things. I accept that I am a quirky girl and make an ass of myself a lot. I care about our dying planet, and I care about how fucked up our healthcare system is, but I also care about gaining weight, making sure my hair looks great and buying cool clothes. I sincerely feel the pain in my soul on a daily basis for all living creatures who are treated unfairly, or with cruelty, or are forgotten.

So...this blog is a journal of my everyday musings which churn in my brain all the time in the wheelhouse of topics ranging from politics to make-up. Things that make me go 'hmmm'. I try to find answers to these things to keep me Running Good. I contemplate but I am also an action taker with many things. Maybe if someone else reads this, you can rethink how you think about things maybe just a little and we could all be running good in life together as this positive thinking collective, with a few courageous souls who take action. Wouldn't that be cool.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your musings ~ as I believe our own 'musings' are windows to our soul. Xo

    ReplyDelete